Halo Demo Mods (HDM) News
-latest news at top-
Archived Tuesday, October 2, 2012:
- Friday, September 28, 2012
- HaloDemoMods is migrating! The wiki is locked and all scripts are temporarily off. Please be patient, as this will take a couple days. Thank you! --[MT] Sparky 16:40, 28 September 2012 (MDT)
- Friday, September 21, 2012
- nil and I were having issues with the version of Ruby installed on the server, but HaloMD is running again. You can host and join games again. --[MT] Sparky 15:53, 21 September 2012 (MDT)
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- Zeus is finally here. Check out version 0.2! --[MT] Sparky 03:41, 11 September 2012 (MDT)
- Saturday, August 4, 2012
- HaloDemoMods has been locked for the past few days as plans are made by Sparky to move forward with transforming HDM into a larger project. Please discuss with us how to improve HaloDemoMods.com. These changes will be enacted soon after Saturday, August 11th. For now, the HaloDemoMods.com wiki is again editable. Thank you for caring! --[MT] Sparky 20:28, 4 August 2012 (MDT)
- Thursday, July 26, 2012
- You can now donate money to support HaloDemoMods.com. See the "Donate" button in the left navigation bar. Expenses for HDM are $11 per month. --[MT] Sparky 15:42, 26 July 2012 (MDT)
- Wednesday, July 25, 2012
- Do you like HaloDemoMods.com? How useful is it to you? Is it useful enough for you to reply to this post or send Sparky an e-mail in response to it? What you say will determine whether HaloDemoMods is shut down, continued as it is, or upgraded. --[MT] Sparky 18:53, 25 July 2012 (MDT)
- Monday, July 23, 2012
- We now support Halo Demo, Halo Trial, Halo Full Mac/PC and Halo Custom Edition. Categories have been added and revised and Templates are still being revised as we go. The sidebar navigation links will be revised after we've gotten all the mods and things more organized into pages and categories. --[MT] Sparky 04:37, 23 July 2012 (MDT)
- Friday, June 22, 2012
- The MGM forum is temporarily down.
- Monday, May 21, 2012
- HDM has a subdomain hotlink to the MGM IRC (internet relay chat) now, which is irc.halodemomods.com. This is the same as clicking "/join #macgamingmods" in the left menu.
- Sunday, May 6, 2012
- nil set up an open dedicated server with his Clan Halo friends. Now there is one password-protected PX dedicated server and one open CH dedicated server accessible through HaloMD. --[MT] Sparky
- Monday, April 23, 2012
- I'm going to revise the layout of the main page here. Also, I've decided to make Zeus as a web site rather than a downloadable application. It will be found eventually at http://zeus.halodemomods.com/ . --[MT] Sparky
- Friday, March 9, 2012
- Page attachment settings have been fixed. Unregistered guests may download files attached to pages now. For an example, see the blue box at the bottom of this page: Bloodgulch Extreme --[MT] Sparky 14:43, 9 March 2012 (MST)
- Friday, March 2, 2012
- All are welcome to register at HaloDemoMods.com. Please create a very recognizably-genuine username. We are banning bot registrations nearly every day now, and we might recognize your username as suspicious. If you have any problems, please send me an e-mail using the updated e-mail address found on my user page. Thank you, and take care. --[MT] Sparky 21:10, 2 March 2012 (MST)
- Friday, January 20, 2012
- Happy New Year! Aaaannndd now back to work. Please read and understand our new Templates page, which is a collection of templates we use here. But unlike other wikis, you just copy-paste these template code snippets onto new pages and you're all set. --UNSC 14:51, 20 January 2012 (MST)
- Wednesday, December 28, 2011
- There is a bug with the new upload system: If you attach a file to a new page, which is the new method of publishing things at HDM, and then upload another file such as a screenshot using the old file upload page, that second file is also attached to the last page to which you attached a file. I might have to remove the old file upload page entirely so that this doesn't cause frustration.
- Saturday, December 24, 2011
- Read more about how to use the new category setup at the Using Categories page.
- Friday, December 23, 2011
- HDM has undergone serious revision of its categories! For a visual description of how to effectively use these categories, please read the HDM Category Abstract.
- Friday, December 23, 2011
- Come voice chat with us at MGM's Mumble server, mumble.macgamingmods.com! More information.
- Wednesday, December 21, 2011
- HDM has been updated to MediaWiki version 1.18.0 and has several new extensions and a revised organization (thanks to Vegerot for initiating this update). For Halo modders interested in uploading their mods and stuff, please read our Revised Uploading Rules. Thanks! --UNSC 17:24, 21 December 2011 (MST)
- October 18, 2011, Tuesday [Official]
- As a reminder, the domain URL HaloDemo.net is no longer going to be registered to us. From now on, please use HaloDemoMods.com for all your HDM-related tasks. Thank you. --UNSC 01:00, 18 October 2011 (MDT)
- October 18, 2011, Tuesday
- Sparky released the Halo Custom Edition (HCE) and Halo Editing Kit (HEK) Starter Kit, which contains all the halo-related installers and tools you need from HaloMaps.org (and elsewhere) to have a Windows XP and 3ds Max based setup of Halo Custom Edition and the Halo Editing Kit. This will save you from sorting through about 80 downloads on that site, and the Starter Kit comes with a simple set of instructions. --UNSC 00:41, 18 October 2011 (MDT)
- September 4, 2011, Sunday
- Hello. This is mgalekgolo. For all of you who have upgraded to Lion you know Rosetta support has been dropped. For all of you who are wondering, we are working on a modded version of the Halo Universal Binary that allows you to only play Silent Cartographer and Bloodgulch. The only problem is the servers, which we are working on. stay tuned comment on this news post
- September 4, 2011, Sunday
- Hello fellow halo demo modders, i am proud to announce the in progress secret mod dubbed Project true darkness.And,in the upcoming months the greatest map holding the maximum amount of tags possible for your modding needs.For now, please await true darkness as it will be a spectacular map!: comment on this news post
- August 21, 2011, Sunday [Official]
- HaHAA! After many hours of wrestling with the update to 1.17.0, Sparky -- with the invaluable assistance of our HDM hosting provider WestHost -- made it happen! We should now be able to use GNU diff3 which should make simultaneous edits of a page no longer a problem. However, I'm still going to test this to make sure that I specified the right path... anyway, I've got THIS to say about the entire thing:
- August 19, 2011, Friday [Official]
- Administrator Sparky wielded his BANHAMMER and banned all suspicious users infinitely. The reason given was: "Spam Crackdown: You must reregister and add content to your new User Talk page within 7 days of your new registration." As this warning says, all users who have been banned due to obvious lack of human existence will need to register again, using a new username this time. Registration at HDM is only for those who wish to positively contribute; otherwise, registration is not required. So if you want to register, put something on your User page or on your Discussion page so that we know you're not a spambot. You have 1 week to do this from the time you register, or else you'll get the BANHAMMER again. More information here. --UNSC 10:17, 19 August 2011 (MDT)
- There is also this MGM forum topic: Extending the Life of Halo Modding --UNSC 10:17, 19 August 2011 (MDT)
- July 3, 2011, Sunday[MGM Contest of the Month]
- Zapconquest is the official winner of the MGM Contest of the Month for May (Ambient Spring Environments) with his entry Flowers and Stuff. See the votes here!
Contest of the Month Winners
May: Ambient Spring Environments
- Halo CE support is in remission. HaloDemoMods.com is meant primarily to service the playing and modding communities for Halo games for Mac. Support for Halo CE just might dwindle into nothingness, since mods will very soon be easily cross-platform converted, anyway.
- --UNSC 01:29, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- HDemoEditor has been released, which allows you to create and edit existing gametypes without needing to run Halo Demo.
- HDM will be undergoing maintenance on Monday or Tuesday, June 14-15, 2010, and will be inaccessible for a period of about four hours. Our host is moving the site to another data center location in order to improve service.
- We now support Halo Full and Halo CE, just as much as we support Halo Demo!
- Nil and Modzy figured out how to enable the console for Halo Demo. Check out the program that will do it for you!
- Go check out the new page on Memory Modding!
- I finally got the site domain names fixed, and the sidebar to work as originally intended. Enjoy!
- --UNSC 13:47, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
- Our Mod Database now has over 325 mods! Keep up the great work, guys and gals!
- Now you can add meta keywords to pages! To use the extension, type <keywords content="YOUR KEYWORDS HERE" /> on your page. (See our list of extensions.)
- Movies Page!
- Halo Custom Edition Map/Tag Database
- HDM's wiki site has been updated to version 1.14.0. You'll notice some differences, like filenames using 'File:' instead of just 'Image:'.
- Check out our latest project, the Gametype Database.
- If you make a mistake naming a file, you can click on the "Move" tab for the page and rename it.
- --UNSC 18:25, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Look to the left: the sidebar is gone! Oh noes! (Just kidding) See the Wiki Stuff section at the bottom of this page to learn how to customize your own SideBar!
- Added the Dictionary and Tags reference categories. Search for "dictionary" and "tags" to see the categories.
- --UNSC 06:19, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Uploaded files may now be up to 500 MB; I've disabled the file size upload warning; and the problem with uploads has been resolved.
- --UNSC 22:30, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- Check out the Gallery section! (galleries.halodemomods.com)
- See our new References section on the tools page!
- New Links page can be accessed via the URL "links.halodemo.net" or "links.halodemomods.com", or by searching for "links" at the left.
- Jonathan has created a new Halo Color Tool, and Altimit has updated Eschaton to version 0.7.2. Several new doors have been opened!
- Check out our new tools page! (tools.halodemomods.com)
- Apply for your free subdomain today! (more info)
- Upload your mods to our Mod Database! (mods.halodemomods.com)
- Have a question? Find the answer in our extensive collection of tutorials! (tutorials.halodemomods.com)
Mac Gaming Mods (MGM) News
June 15, 2010
- Another round of summer fun begins with discussions about starting the official MGM/HDM Awards  , better organization of mod release forum topics , and a rather impressive To Do List  for the nefarious Sparky.
September 8, 2009
- The MGM Weapon Collaboration has been released!
- Volume 2.1 of the INCY has been released!
- Several cool new mods have been released!
- Altimit01 is giving away free beer at his house! Just kidding... but he did release a new SCNR SWAP application!
- Nil released the long-anticipated Halo Demo Launcher, with a sleek new icon made by Slappey!
August 20, 2009
- Mwahaha! Sparky's highfalutin covetous hands are guiding the Weapon Collab to greatness!
July 20, 2009
- Sparky is about to release the long-anticipated Incyclopedia and Galaxy Wars. But first, he is going to make this wiki more useful by adding some navigation links on the left side. :D
- Fonzie just moved his acclaimed Modding Pack v5 to beta testing stages.
- Al Capwn's MGM Weapon Collaboration is in beta testing, currently in the deft hands of Fuel. Once Fuel has finished tweaking the vehicles, the mod will be passed to Sparky's highfalutin covetous hands, wherewith he will invigorate and whittle it using his doormat as sandpaper... thereby transforming the MGM Weapon Collaboration into the most astoundingly fun mod to ever hit the Halo Engine.